Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
I just love decorating my mantel for each and every holiday. If you have an especially large mantel then it could be overwhelming to figure out what to decorate it with. I’ve come up with an easy DIY Christmas Mantel Box that you can change up year after year by filling it with different holiday items.
The great thing about this box is you can continue to use it for every season - just fill it with new goodies. You can even move it to the table for a festive centerpiece!
- 2 pieces of pine (1”x4”), or other wood, 30” long
- 2 pieces of pine (1”x4”), 4” long
- 1 piece of pine (1”x6”), 30” long
- Staple gun
- Take one of the 4” pieces of pine and butt it up against the side of one of the 30” pieces, flush with the end. Staple through the side of the 30” piece, and into the end of the 4” piece.
- Attach the remaining 4” piece of wood to the opposite end of the 30” piece already in use. Staple in place and attach remaining 30” piece opposite the one already in place.
- Attach the 30” long 1”x6” to the bottom of the frame structure you’ve just built. Staple along the edges, with a staple approximately every eight inches apart.
- Sand all wood and you’re ready to stain or use as is. Fill with holiday decor items.