Created by: Laura Franklin, Food Fun Family
Looking for a fun and easy DIY craft project for outdoor holiday décor? This cute snowman family is quick and easy to make and will be the perfect cheery way to greet houseguests this winter.
Things You'll Need:
- 2”x4” wood, trimmed into 4 pieces of various lengths
- Festive fabrics and fabric scraps
- Ribbon, various colors
- White acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Orange acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Paint each 2”x4” with white acrylic paint. I prefer giving the wood a very light coat of paint so that you can see some of the wood grain. Allow to dry.
- Cut a piece of fabric to approximately 8”x10”. Using a glue gun, attach a piece of fabric around the top of each painted 2”x4”. First, roll a cuff for the hat and then glue the hat around your snowman’s head. Finish off the hat by tying a ribbon around the top. Repeat for each snowman.
- Tear a 1½” wide by 16-18” long scarf from scraps of fabric. Tie scarf around the neck area of each snowman. Secure the knot with a small bead of hot glue, and press to hold.
- Paint eyes and mouth with black paint. Add an orange carrot-shaped nose to each snowman. Add a small dot of white paint inside the black eyes to give your snowman that sparkling in his eye.
- Once the paint is dry, display your snowman family outside throughout the winter season.