Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
Many people skip the big gifts on Valentine’s Day, opting for a heartfelt card instead. Well, nothing is more heartfelt than making a handmade card from scratch. These glittery Valentine’s Day cards are easy to make and offer a great opportunity to get the kids involved.
Set up a card making station where adults and kids alike can glue and glitter to their hearts’ content, and you’ll have a handmade card for everyone they love in no time. Using cookie cutters as your template, you can make a variety of cards so no two are the same.
- Blank greeting cards and envelopes
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters, or other Valentine’s Day-themed cutters
- Pencils with erasers (or small paint brushes)
- On the front of a blank card, trace your favorite Valentine’s Day-themed cookie cutter with a pencil. Set the cookie cutter aside and apply glue over the traced lines, using the pencil eraser or a small paint brush.
- Sprinkle glitter over the fresh glue and gently shake off any excess.
- Allow card to dry completely before writing a meaningful message inside.
If using more than one color of glitter per card, only apply glue to one section at a time so the colors don’t bleed.