Created by: Sharon Garofalow, Cupcakes and Cutlery
White Elephant gift exchanges are a classic holiday party idea. I have been known to bring a gift just to get a laugh, but I usually try to bring something that the recipient can get some use out of.
This ‘Seasons’ Greetings spice bouquet is clever AND useful. It takes just a few minutes to make and includes spice packets that can be used to help speed up the winner’s dinner prep throughout the busy holiday season!
- Assorted spice or seasoning packets
- Skewer sticks (amount will match the number of seasoning packets used)
- Washi tape (Japanese paper tape) or masking tape
- Large bowl or plant pot
- Floral foam or Styrofoam block
- Decorative elements to cover the top of the floral foam (I used moss and pinecones to show a holiday feel, but you could easily use something like whole coffee beans)
- Using a utility knife, cut the Styrofoam block to fit the appropriate container for your bouquet. The block should sit down in the container and stop approximately ½”–1” from the top.
- Using the Washi or masking tape, tape a skewer to the back of your seasoning packet.
- Place the skewers, with seasoning packets, into the Styrofoam at varying heights.
- Cover the top of the Styrofoam with moss or coffee beans.
- Tie on a bow and bring to your White Elephant Gift Exchange!
Using paper or masking tape ensures that the recipient will be able to remove the skewers and still read the directions on the package!