Created by: Jessica Williams, Butter With A Side of Bread
Homemade Apple Cider Syrup is simple to make and you’ll adore the warm, festive flavors. It’s perfect for gift giving and tastes amazing on pancakes, waffles and even vanilla ice cream and pound cake!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 4 canning jars (8 oz. each)
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Pour in apple cider and lemon juice, then stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat slightly. Set timer and boil for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in butter and stir gently until melted. Remove from heat and transfer to canning jars.
- Store in the refrigerator. Remove lid and microwave for 1 minute prior to serving.