A simple and elegant showcase of fresh spring asparagus.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 4 oz. goat cheese, softened
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ bunch asparagus, tough ends removed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface roll puff pastry out to 10”x14” rectangle. Transfer to prepared pan. Prick with a fork leaving a ½” border around edges. Bake 10-12 minutes until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together goat cheese, cream cheese, thyme and garlic; set aside.
- Remove puff pastry from oven and gently press down the center that was pricked with the fork. Dollop cheese mixture evenly across the pastry. Top with asparagus spears; season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and bake 18-20 minutes, until asparagus is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate leftovers.