Pre-cook your Mexican chorizo at the beginning of the week and you’ll be ready to pull together breakfast tacos that are fast and filling.
- 6 ounces Mexican chorizo
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 six-inch corn tortillas, heated
- 1 avocado from México, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo salsa
- cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook chorizo, breaking it up with a wooden spoon or spatula, about 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain off fat.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, cook eggs, stirring with a spatula, until scrambled.
- Gently mix in chorizo.
- Spoon scrambled eggs onto tortillas, dividing them evenly.
- Top each tortilla with avocado slices and salsa; garnish with cilantro.