All the great flavors of a banana split are featured in this stunning cake. Starting with a cake mix and instant pudding mix make this recipe simple!
Hands-on Time: 35 min | Total Time: 4 hours 15 min | Serves: 12 | Difficulty: Medium
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Eggs, water, and oil as directed on mix
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 2 bananas
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- Maraschino cherries
- Bake cake as directed on box for two 8-9” round pans using eggs, water and oil. Cool completely.
- Make pudding as directed on package using pudding mix and 2 cups milk.
- Cut each cake horizontally in half. Place one half, rounded side down, on cake plate. Spread with ¾ cup pudding. Arrange pineapple on cream. Top with second layer, cut side down. Spread with ¾ cup pudding and arrange strawberries evenly over cream. Top with next cake layer, flat side down. Spread with ¾ cup pudding; slice bananas evenly over pudding. Top with remaining layer, round side up.
- In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Frost top and side of cake with whipped cream.
- Spoon ice cream topping into resealable bag; snip corner. Drizzle over top and sides of cake. Garnish with cherries.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 400, Calories from Fat 170, Total Fat 19g (29% DV), Saturated Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 30mg (10% DV), Sodium 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates 53g (18% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 19g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 10%, Iron 2%