Created by: Ashley Torres, Pursuit of Shoes
Put a twist on classic bubbly! Flavorful blackberries make this simple and delicious drink a wonderful toast for your romantic celebration.
- Fill a ramekin ¼ full of honey
- Fill a ramekin ¼ full of silver or gold sugar sprinkles
- 2 baskets blackberries (1 cup will be for the syrup)
- 1 bottle champagne
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 or 5 sprigs rosemary
- Place 1 cup blackberries, sugar and 1 cup champagne in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then let it simmer for 12-15 minutes. The berries will turn bright in color and the ingredients should begin to turn to a syrupy consistency.
- Remove the berries after 12-15 minutes and separate them from the syrup. Let the syrup sit for about 10 minutes so it thickens a bit more.
- Dip the rim of your champagne flute into the honey while you’re waiting on the syrup, then dip it into the sparkly sugar. Make sure you dip the rim lightly into the honey so it doesn't drip down the sides of the glass.
- Pour the champagne into a glass when the rims of your glass are nice and sparkly, about ¾ full.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the blackberry syrup to each glass. Do this slowly because the acidity of the berry might make the champagne foam. You want to make sure it doesn’t spill over the glass.
- Add a sprig of rosemary to each glass and drop in 2 fresh blackberries.
The combination of the honey, blackberry syrup and rosemary come together for a flavorful cocktail. XOXO!