Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
I love using seasonal fruits and vegetables because I know I’m getting fresh produce. Since we are right in the thick of summer, tomatoes are everywhere, and what better way to use them up than in a Bruschetta Cheese Ball! This recipe makes great use of fresh tomatoes while combining with sun-dried tomatoes and a variety of cheeses. You will want to invite a crowd over because this cheese ball feeds plenty, and is so tasty that it is meant to impress.
The Bruschetta Cheese Ball is the perfect appetizer for your end of summer parties!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz. soft goat cheese
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, rinsed, and dried
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Pepper
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, diced, rinsed and dried
- 3 Tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp. basil, chopped in long pieces (chiffonade)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 2 baguettes, sliced into ½” pieces
- Olive oil
- Combine all cheese ball ingredients into a large bowl, and mix with a spatula until fully incorporated. Place mixture in the center of a large piece of plastic wrap and cover tightly, shaping the mixture into a ball. Freeze 1-2 hours, or refrigerate overnight.
- Just before removing cheese ball from the freezer, or refrigerator, prepare Panko coating by melting butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in panko and continue to cook until golden. Cool completely and stir in sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese and basil.
- Remove cheese ball from chilling and roll in toasted panko mixture. Use your hands to press mixture firmly onto ball, if needed.
- To prepare baguette, place slices on a baking sheet and brush olive oil over the tops. Place in oven on broil for 4-6 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Place cheese ball on a serving dish and garnish with fresh tomatoes, basil, and bacon. Serve with baguette slices.