An updated version of the classic green bean casserole with seasonal Brussels sprouts, a splash of sherry and a crunchy parmesan topping.
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1 can (10.5-oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400° F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl half way with ice and water. Butter a 1 ½-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- Blanche Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Immediately transfer to ice bath. Once cool drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat; add shallots and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add sherry and cook until reduced by half. Stir in soup, milk and pepper bring to a low boil.
- Add Brussels sprouts to sauce. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Mix together melted butter, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese; sprinkle over Brussels sprout. Bake 20-25 minutes until bubbly and topping is lightly browned. Refrigerate leftovers.