The combination of mango and bacon with Brussels sprouts is a surprising and unique twist on a Thanksgiving side dish. A tasty addition to any feast!
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 large mangos, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Place chopped bacon in large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Cook until crisp and fat renders, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and transfer to paper-towel lined plate; set aside.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add Brussels sprouts, mango, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Cook until Brussels sprouts and mangos are beginning to brown and become tender, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and toss with reserved bacon.
- Serve & enjoy!