A classic summer dessert gets a new flavor combination with butterscotch and rum. Everyone in the family can enjoy this ice cream treat by substituting rum extract for the rum.
Hands-on Time: 5 min | Total Time: 5 min | Serves: 1 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 Tbsp. butterscotch syrup
- ¾ cup cream soda, chilled
- 1 Tbsp. dark or spiced rum*
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Maraschino cherry, if desired
- Place ice cream in 12 ounce soda glass or other glass.
- Drizzle with syrup. Slowly add cream soda and rum.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
*For a non-alcoholic float, make as directed except omit rum. Stir ¼ teaspoon rum extract into cream soda before adding to glass.
Per serving: Calories 410, Calories from Fat 50, Total Fat 12g (18% DV), Saturated Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 50mg (17% DV), Sodium 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates 66g (22% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 49g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 0%.