Tender, succulent shrimp pair with a creamy dip for an impressive and delicious appetizer.
Hands-on Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
Serves: 16 | Difficulty: Easy
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on (thawed if frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large and 1 small clove garlic, grated and divided
- 1½ tsp. lemon peel, grated and divided
- ⅛ tsp. Kroger® Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. fresh tarragon, chopped (or ½ tsp. dried tarragon)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut along fleshy outside curved part of each shrimp, to within 1" of tail, not cutting all the way through. Spread apart.
- In medium bowl, mix olive oil, large clove garlic, 1 teaspoon lemon peel and pepper. Add shrimp and stir to coat completely. Place shrimp on large cookie sheet, cut sides down, spreading so shrimp stand up and tails curve over the shrimp.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix mayonnaise, tarragon, small clove garlic and remaining lemon peel. Place shrimp on serving dish, sprinkle with parsley and serve with dipping sauce.
Per serving: Calories 70, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 90mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates 0g (0% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 0g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.