Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
Let the kids help make tasty gifts for their teachers this year with this easy DIY for Caramel Sea Salt Hot Cocoa Popcorn Gifts! The kids will have fun helping make these popcorn jars and the teachers will enjoy this sweet & salty treat over holiday break.
- 3 cups Kroger White Popcorn kernels
- 6 small glass jars with lids and rings
- 3 sheets of Kroger Home Sense Parchment Paper Pop Ups, cut in half
- 12 Tbsp. Private Selection Caramel Sea Salt Hot Cocoa Mix
- 9 Tbsp. Kroger Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Ribbon or twine
- Holiday themed fabric, cut into 6 (5”x 5“) squares
- ½ Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Pour ½ cup of the popcorn kernels into each of the glass jars.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the hot cocoa mix and 1½ tablespoons of the mini chocolate chips into the center of each parchment paper half. Bring all 4 corners together and tie with a piece of ribbon or twine. Repeat for the remaining 5 jars. Place a parchment paper pouch filled with the hot cocoa and chocolate chips on top of the popcorn kernels in each of the jars.
- Place the lid on each jar, and then position the fabric square evenly over top of the lid. Then secure the ring onto the jar. Feel free to print and include the directions below for making the popcorn with each jar.
- To make the popcorn: Heat the ½ tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil is heated, add in the popcorn kernels. Once one of the kernels pops, cover the pot and continue cooking, shaking frequently until the popping slows down to 1 pop about every 20 seconds. Remove from the heat, and pour the 2 tablespoons of melted butter over top. Toss. Add in the contents of the parchment paper packet and toss again until the popcorn is evenly coated. Add salt to taste. Enjoy!