Created by: Greggy Soriano, Greggy’s Digest
The only thing you need to know this holiday season are the four Cs: Cheesy Crab Cake Cups! These appetizers will seriously make you forget about the main course and have you looking forward to them every Thanksgiving!
There’s something about the toasted, buttery, mini-bread bowl filled with comforting, ooey-gooey, cheesy crab that takes any crab cake to another level.
- 1 stick room temperature butter (real butter is always better)
- 18-20 mini bread rolls (round brioche or dinner rolls work best)
- 1 lb. package Kroger Flake Style Crab Select Imitation Crab Meat
- 8 oz. jar pure lump crab meat
- 5 oz. jar sharp cheddar cheese spread
- 2 cups Kroger Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz. container Kroger Sour Cream
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Cookie sheet pan
- Medium-size ice cream scooper
- Stand mixer with bowl and paddle attachment, or bowl and rubber spatula
- Slightly slice the tops of the dinner rolls, ½” away from the top, with a bread knife.
- Score the dinner rolls in a circular pattern with a bread knife, without going all the way to through the bottom. Pinch and scoop out the bread and crumbs inside of each dinner roll to form a vessel or cup.
- Cream the butter, sour cream, cheese spread and pepper in your stand-up or hand mixer.
- Mix the imitation crabmeat, chopped onions and sharp cheddar cheese until the crab flakes are separated. Fold in the lump crabmeat without breaking it down too much.
- Scoop a heaping amount of the crab filling into each bread cup.
- Place on a sheet pan and into the oven on the broil setting. Broil until the tops brown and the cheese is melted. I love to simply put them into a toaster oven on high for 10 minutes.
Enjoy! I know they’re addicting, but save some for the other guests at the party!