Mini waffles make a perfect bed for tequila-laced barbecued chicken. It’s a canape made for football fans!
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 10 min. | Serves: 32 appetizers | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ⅓ cup chipotle barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Suaza tequila
- 8 squares mini frozen waffles, toasted (32 (2”) circles)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In medium microwavable bowl, stir together chicken, barbecue sauce and tequila. Heat on High 45 seconds*; stir. Heat 30 seconds longer or until hot.
- Meanwhile, toast waffle squares as directed on package or place on grill for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until toasted. Divide into individual mini waffles and place on serving platter.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon chicken mixture onto each waffle. Drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately.
*Chicken mixture can be heated in a 2 quart saucepan, on a stove or tailgate stove, over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot.
Per serving: Calories 50, Calories from Fat 20, Total Fat 2g (3% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 110mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates 5g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 1g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.