This slow-cooked soup delivers rich flavor without a lot of hands-on time. The only hard part is resisting the urge to taste it as it cooks.
- 1 15.5-ounce can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5-ounce can small red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can sweet corn, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp canned green chili peppers
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, skinned and meat pulled
- 8 cups chicken stock
- shredded cheddar cheese flour tortillas, sliced and toasted
Sour Cream Topping
- 8-ounce container of sour cream
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Over medium heat, add the first 7 ingredients along with the chicken stock to a stock pot and gently mix. Cover with lid and simmer. Cook for about 2 hours or until beans are soft. When beans are soft, add the skinned and pulled chicken. Cook it for 10 more minutes. Turn off the heat and serve in a soup bowl.
- For Sour Cream Topping
Place sour cream in a bowl and whisk in lime juice, paprika and salt. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Once the chicken soup is ready, serve with grated cheddar, toasted tortilla chips, and a dollop of the sour cream topping.