Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
A sweet marshmallow crème buttercream is stuffed between two soft and thick chocolate cake mix cookies studded with peanut butter chips in these Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip S’mores Cookiewiches - a delicious way to enjoy s’mores with your family any time of the year!
- 1 box (16.5 oz.) Kroger Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup Kroger Marshmallow Creme
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups Kroger Confectioners 10-X Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Mix well. Fold in the peanut butter chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough into generous 1 ½ tablespoon-sized balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet about 1” apart, slightly flattening the cookie balls with the palm of your hand. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set around the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the marshmallow crème buttercream. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and marshmallow crème with a hand or stand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract, and then gradually add in the powdered sugar. Continue beating until fully incorporated. If the buttercream is too thick to pipe, feel free to add 1-2 tablespoons of milk until it is the right consistency.
- Once the cookies have cooled, place the buttercream in a pastry bag fitted with a tip with a wide opening. Pipe the frosting into the middle of one of the cooled cookies topside down. Place another cookie over top of the frosting and press down gently. Repeat this for the remaining 9 cookie pairs.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!