Fresh greens tossed with tomato, avocado, bacon and blue cheese in a Sweet ‘n Spicy Balsamic Dressing, topped with golden Wild Alaska Seafood nuggets.
For the Sweet ‘n Spicy Balsamic Dressing:
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, finely minced
- ½ oz. mustard powder, Colman’s® brand
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (approx.) water
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
For the Salad:
- 6 lb. iceberg lettuce, chopped 1 inch
- 3 lb. mesclun or baby lettuces
- 4 lb. (8 oz.) Alaska Popcorn Fish pieces, frozen (0.2 oz. each) or battered Alaska Cod or Pollock pieces, frozen (1 to 2 oz. each)
- 4 lb. (8 oz.) tomatoes, diced ½ inch
- 2 lb. (4 oz.) avocados, peeled, seeded, diced ½ inch
- 1 ½ cups green onions, chopped
- 4 cups bacon, chopped, cooked crisp
- 1 lb. 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups red onions, sliced thin
- To make Sweet ‘n Spicy Balsamic Dressing, place all ingredients except oils, water and cheese into blender; blend thoroughly. With motor running, slowly add oils to emulsify. Thin with water, if needed. (Dressing should be thick.)
- Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before using. Makes about 6 cups.
- In bowl, toss iceberg lettuce and mesclun to mix. Cover and refrigerate.
- For each serving, deep-fry about 3 oz. fish until cooked through; drain.
- In bowl, toss 6 oz. lettuce and mesclun mix, 3 oz. tomatoes, 1 ½ oz. avocados, 1 Tbsp. green onions and a generous 3 Tbsp. Sweet ‘n Spicy Balsamic Dressing to coat. Plate. Sprinkle top with a scant 3 Tbsp. bacon, ¾ oz. cheese and ½ oz. red onions. Top with fish pieces.