Use this versatile chorizo and cheese dip as a party appetizer, taco filling, or at the center of a delicious breakfast omelet.
- (5 oz) pork chorizo
- 8 oz quesadilla cheese, shredded
- ½ cup fresh poblano pepper, seeded and sliced ½ inch strips
- ½ cup white onion, sliced into ½ inch strips
- ¼ cup tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- tortillas or chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, cook the chorizo until almost done, drain well.
- Add the poblano and onion and cook until tender.
- Completely remove pan from heat.
- In a medium casserole or glass dish, stir the cheese with chorizo, peppers and onions.
- Bake uncovered about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted through and slightly golden brown on top.
- Sprinkle with tomato and cilantro.
- Serve with tortillas.