Created by: Laura Franklin, Food Fun Family
Kids enjoy being involved in gift-giving during the holiday season. These Christmas Tree Rice Krispies Treats are the perfect edible gift for kids to create and give away during the holidays.
- 1 Rice Krispies Treat Fun Sheet (32 oz.,)or make your own Rice Krispies treats on a cookie sheet
- 1 package (12 oz.) green vanilla-flavored candy melts
- Sprinkles, various colors
- Small candy balls
- Lollipop sticks
- Cut the sheet of Rice Krispies treats into triangle “trees.” You can cut your shapes with a knife or use a buttered cookie cutter.
- Gently push a lollipop stick into the bottom center of each tree. Place trees on a large sheet of waxed paper.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions. Alternately, you can use white chocolate and mix a few drops of green food coloring into the melted chocolate.
- Dip one side of each tree into the melted candy. Place green side up on waxed paper and immediately decorate your tree with sprinkles and edible candy balls. Be creative with your designs!
- Repeat until all of your Rice Krispies treat trees are decorated. Finish off with a festive ribbon and place on a holiday plate to give to neighbors, teachers and friends. Store in an airtight container or sealed bag at room temperature for up to 5 days.