Created by: Erin Sellin, Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
These delicious cookie dough truffles use an egg-free recipe that you don’t have to worry about eating raw. Even better, they’re a great way to make your food match your party theme. On game day, everyone is used to cheesy dips and comfort food, so surprise them with these football shaped desserts.
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 pound chocolate for melting
- White icing for decorating
- In an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Add vanilla. With mixer on low, slowly add in the flour until completely incorporated. It will be very dry, but that’s okay.
- Mix in milk until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour. The dough should be very firm.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll into balls. Form into an oval by pinching the ends until it takes the shape of a football. Place on a baking tray in lines and refrigerate again for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, stirring every 45 seconds. Dip the footballs into melted chocolate and place them on a lined baking tray.
- Allow the chocolate to harden at room temperature then use the white icing to pipe on the laces for the footballs.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.