Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
Corn and Bacon Casserole is the perfect dish to take to Friendsgiving, because who doesn’t love bacon covered in cream?
- 6 slices of bacon
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. ground mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups whole corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp. basil, chopped and divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain fat on a stack of paper towels. Cool and crumble bacon.
- Sauté onions in 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon fat. Safely discard any additional fat. Cook until onions are translucent.
- To onions, add flour, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and mustard. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove skillet from the heat and stir in sour cream, corn, half of the crumbled bacon, and half the basil. Mix well and pour into a 1-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining bacon over the top of the casserole and bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove casserole from the oven and serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to three days.