Created by: Krissy Allori, Self Proclaimed Foodie
I’m a huge fan of easy cocktails. This tart and tasty cocktail starts with 100% cranberry juice, fresh orange juice, and sugar.
Just to make this drink extra pretty, I love freezing fresh cranberries in ice cubes. Simply add a few cranberries to an ice tray and only fill the ice cubes wells half way up. Let them freeze, then top them with more water and freeze again to keep the cranberries in the middle. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Juice from one orange
- 2 shots vodka
- 12 oz. sparkling water
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cranberry juice, sugar and orange juice; cook until reduced by half while swirling occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make cocktail, combine sweetened cranberry syrup with vodka. Mix well. Divide between two ice-filled glasses and top with sparkling water.
- You can turn this into a non-alcoholic mocktail like I did for my kids by just mixing this syrup with sparkling water, or in my case sparkling cranberry lime water.