Created by: Krissy Allori, Self Proclaimed Foodie
Cranberry White Chocolate Mason Jar Cookie Kits are fun to make gifts that beautifully display the dry ingredients of a tasty holiday cookie.
- 1 cup, plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mason jars, quart-sized
- Paper, fabric or tulle
- For the Mason jar, use a clean quart sized jar.
- First combine the flour with the baking soda and salt. Then, separately mix the sugars together before adding to jar to prevent clumping. To layer the ingredients, add half of the flour mixture to the jar, followed by the oats, then the remaining flour mixture. Top with layers of the sugar mixture, then the cranberries, followed by the white chocolate chips, and finally with the chopped pecans.
- Decorate jars with paper, fabric or tulle.
- Create gift tags with the following instructions:
Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream ½ cup very soft butter until smooth. Stir in 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy. Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Cool on wire racks.