Created by: Julia Mueller, The Roasted Root
Strawberry shakes are one of my favorite treats to make throughout the year, but they’re particularly lovely on Valentine’s Day since they’re a pretty pink hue. Try out this recipe this Valentine’s Day in place of a sugary cocktail and you’ll get all the same delicious, special occasion flavor with none of the side effects.
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen*
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. honey or pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 6 ice cubes
*For best results, use fresh strawberries that you de-stem and freeze.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend until completely smooth and serve with a sliced strawberry garnish.
- The only downside to these shakes is strawberries aren’t in season during the winter months, making the flavor more tart. You can balance the tart flavor with more honey or pure maple syrup, or even a ripe banana.
- This creamy fruit shake works with just about any fruit. For instance, the strawberries can be replaced with raspberries (just note there will be a lot of seeds), blueberries, peaches, oranges, mango, pineapple, etc.