Impress mom with a fancy breakfast croissant. Add fresh fruit and some yogurt for a perfect start to the day.
Hands-on Time: 20 min | Total Time: 20 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 8 slices bacon (8 oz.)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 large croissants
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- In 10” skillet, cook bacon in 2 batches over medium-high heat until crisp, turning once or twice during cooking. Drain bacon on paper towels. Remove all but 2 teaspoons drippings from skillet.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, chives, salt and pepper.
- Heat reserved drippings over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. The egg mixture will become firm at the bottom and side very quickly. When this happens, gently lift the cooked portions around the edge with a turner so that the thin, uncooked portion can flow to the bottom. Cook 3-4 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise and mustard. Spread over cut side of croissants.
- Divide bacon, eggs, tomato and avocado evenly among croissants. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 730, Calories from Fat 490, Total Fat 55g (85% DV), Saturated Fat 18g (90% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 1080mg (45% DV), Carbohydrates 38g (13% DV), Dietary Fiber 5g (20% DV), Sugars 10g, Protein 20g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.