Created by: Sharon Garofalow, Cupcakes and Cutlery
Growing up, my mom made homemade candy every holiday season. She took the time to make everything from scratch and the treats were super decadent and delicious. Now I’m trying to carry on that tradition for my kids too.
As a busy working mom, I often try to find shortcuts that will allow me to dazzle my kids with yummy desserts in less time. This Easy Caramel Pretzel Candy is crazy good and couldn’t be easier to make! This fast recipe is perfect for holiday parties.
- 1 package caramel candies (approximately 40 pieces), unwrapped
- 1 bag mini pretzel twists (you’ll need as many pretzels as caramel candies)
- 1 bag pecan halves, toasted
- 1 bar (4 oz.) Baker’s Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Bar
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat, lay out the pretzels in a single layer.
- Unwrap the caramel candies and place one candy on top of each pretzel.
- Place the pan into the oven for approximately 6 minutes to soften caramels.
- Place a toasted pecan onto each caramel and lightly press down to make sure the pecan sticks to the caramel.
- Let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate bar in the microwave, per package instructions.
- Let chocolate cool slightly then add to a plastic zipper bag.
- Cut a small hole in to the corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the caramel pretzel candies.
- Allow chocolate to set before serving (you can speed up this process in the refrigerator).
- Allow candies to soften a bit if they were in the refrigerator, and serve!