Created by: Laura Petersen, Pink Cake Plate
I love a good sandwich and if it is on a fancy croissant then it's even better. This Turkey Salad Croissant is loaded with delicious turkey, sweet cranberries and crunchy almonds. It sounds really fancy but it's really simple to whip up.
Lately it’s been pretty hot and I don't want to even get near my oven so I have been using my slow cooker a lot. I was at my local Kroger store and came across a frozen turkey breast. I have never cooked turkey in my slow cooker so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to cook a turkey breast in a slow cooker. I have to say it came out perfectly so we had a yummy turkey dinner and a lot of leftover turkey. What do you do with leftover turkey? There are so many wonderful and amazing recipes that incorporate leftover turkey. I didn't want to do a heavy casserole I wanted to keep this recipe light and refreshing. Turkey Salad is perfect and so easy to make.
I wanted to incorporate some complimentary flavors in this turkey salad so I decided to add sweet tart dried cranberries. For crunch I added sliced almonds. I love the fresh produce I can find at my local Kroger grocery store. I found beautiful green onions and that crisp celery. Now Italian dressing is my secret weapon in this recipe. It adds a kick of flavor to a recipe that can sometimes be bland. It also helps that you don't have to add a lot of spices to this turkey salad.
As I mentioned before I love a good sandwich and I love croissants so it was only natural that this turkey salad go on a delicious bakery croissant. I have to say I love that Kroger stores have beautiful bakeries and I found beautiful buttery croissants in the bakery. I found some yummy cookies there too which would be a perfect ending to a nice light lunch.
This turkey salad croissants turned out perfectly. Do you have a favorite recipe using up that leftover turkey?
- 2 cups cooked diced turkey (leftover)
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup roughly chopped dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup Italian Salad Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 Croissants from bakery section
- Place diced turkey, celery, cranberries, green onions and almonds in a medium size bowl and toss gently until ingredients are mixed.
- Add Italian dressing and toss until salad is coated with dressing.
- Add mayonnaise to salad and toss again until mixed well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve on croissants or bread. Enjoy!