Created by: Nicole Leggio, Cooking for Keeps
With festive notes of pumpkin and eggnog, this recipe from Nicole Leggio of CookingforKeeps.com is a great “wild card” dessert among the classic pumpkin and pecan pies we all love so much. Even better: it requires little to no preparation – perfect when you’re cooking an entire Thanksgiving feast from start to finish.
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 loaf ciabatta (about 1 lb.), cut into ½” cubes
- 2 cups International Delight® Classic Nog
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9”x13.5” oval baking dish.
- Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake until slightly crisp (not brown), about 8 minutes. Pour into the greased baking dish once cool.
- Whisk together the eggnog, pumpkin, eggs, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar. Pour the mixture on top the bread cubes and gently use the back of a wooden spoon to press the bread into the liquid. Let soak for 15 minutes.
- Place the baking dish on a large baking sheet and put in the oven. Bake until the pudding is puffed and golden brown, about 60-65 minutes.
- Let the pudding cool slightly, then dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you’re feeling especially indulgent.