Blini meets bagel in this appetizer mash-up.
Hands-On Time: 5 min.
Total Time: 40 min.
Serves: 36 blini | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. dry minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dry minced onion
- 1 cup Kroger all-purpose flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Additional butter for cooking
- 6 oz. smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- Fresh dill
- Mix poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic and onion together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk flours, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, egg and butter together. Add flour mixture. Whisk to combine them.
- Warm a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium heat; coat with butter. Spoon about a Tbsp. of batter into skillet to form blini. Cook 2-3 min., until edges are golden brown. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 min., until brown. Remove from skillet; repeat step until all batter has been used up.
- Top blini with smoked salmon, a small dollop of sour cream and a spring of dill. Sprinkle with the spice mixture you made in step 1.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: If you don’t have buckwheat flour, substitute an equal amount of whole wheat flour.
Per serving: Calories 40, Calories from Fat 15, Total Fat 2g (3% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 55mg (2% DV), Carbohydrates 4g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars < 1g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.