Chicken or steak fajitas? It's easy to provide both when you grill them on individual skewers!
Hands-on Time: 45 min. | Total Time: 1 hour 15 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Medium
- ½ lb. sirloin steak, cut into 1-2” strips
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-2” strips
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. dry fajita seasoning
- 1 bell pepper, any color, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into ½” wedges
- 8 soft flour tortillas for fajitas (6”)
- 8 (12”) metal skewers
- Sour cream, if desired
- Place steak and chicken in separate medium bowls; drizzle each with half of the oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the dry mix and toss to coat. Cover dishes and refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Thread steak on 4 skewers and chicken on 4 skewers, alternating with pieces of pepper and onion.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place package on warming rack or cool place on grill. Or warm tortillas in microwave as directed on package.
- Place skewers on grill. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until steak reaches desired doneness and chicken is no longer pink in center or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. If steak is done before chicken, remove from grill and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Serve 1 skewer of meat and vegetables with each tortilla. Top with sour cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 440, Calories from Fat 140, Total Fat 15g (23% DV), Saturated Fat 4.5g (22% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates 42g (14% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 31g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 10%, Iron 20%.