Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
Whip up a flavorful and cheesy pasta dish that every member of the family can agree on and love, with this impressive and easy-to-make Family Pasta Bake Three Ways. Layers of rigatoni smothered in marinara sauce are sandwiched between chicken Alfredo and a creamy basil cheese layer in this family-pleasing pasta bake.
- 16 oz. of rigatoni, cooked al dente
- 3 cups Private Selection™ Hearty Traditional Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Private Selection™ Alfredo Rich Cream Sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup Kroger Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup Private Selection™ Basil Pesto
- 1 ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a 13”x 9” inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Set out 3 medium mixing bowls. In one bowl, toss together 2 cups of the marinara sauce with ⅔ of the cooked rigatoni. In a second bowl, combine the cooked chicken with the Alfredo sauce. In a third bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, basil pesto and 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella.
- Now you’re ready to layer your pasta bake in the prepared baking pan, in this order: Evenly spread half of the marinara/rigatoni mixture in the bottom of the baking dish. Then spread all of the chicken/Alfredo mixture over top. Top with ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella. Spread in the remaining half of the marinara/rigatoni mixture. Top with the pesto/cheese mixture. Finish it off with the remaining cup of marinara sauce and then ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella.
- Baked, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is bubbly. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with a salad and fresh-baked Italian bread, if desired. Enjoy!