Yams, bacon and green onions put a fresh new spin on potato salad!
- 1 1/2 pounds yams, cubed
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a pot of boiling water, boil yams for 8-10 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix green pepper, red pepper, and onions. Add bacon and yams. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, tarragon, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss with vegetables. Chill until ready to serve.