Colorful and full of flavor, these little appetizers are a good-for-you option on the appetizer buffet.
Hands-on Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 10 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (12 oz.) 60-80 count frozen (thawed) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 mini flour tortilla taco boats, warmed as directed
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In medium bowl, stir together vegetable oil, lime juice, sraracha sauce, salt and garlic. Stir in shrimp. Cover and refrigerate 15-30 minutes.
- Heat 10” skillet over medium heat. Drain shrimp, reserving liquid. Cook and stir shrimp 3-4 minutes or until pink. Remove shrimp from pan. Stir in reserved liquid; heat to boiling. Pour over shrimp.
- Divide shrimp among tortilla boats. Top each with avocado, tomato, carrot and cilantro.
Per serving: Calories 160, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 6g (9% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 45mg (15% DV), Sodium 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates 19g (6% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 8g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.