Chopped salads make an easy do-ahead recipe that can be tossed together just before serving. This one gets its personality from fruits and nuts.
Hands-on Time: 10 min | Total Time: 10 min | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 apple, cored and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ⅓ cup toasted sliced almonds
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup poppy seed dressing
- In large bowl, place all ingredients except dressing. Note: Recipe may be prepared up to this point 2 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over salad. Toss until well coated with dressing. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 180, Calories from Fat 90, Total Fat 10g (15% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 95mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates 20g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 6g (24% DV), Sugars 14g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 270%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.d