Fire up the wok, this delicious combination of flank steak and asparagus, cooked in hoisin garlic sauce and topped with roasted cashews, is sure to make any New Year party a happy one!
Cook Time: (X) min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: (x) | Yields: (x)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced thin into bite-size pieces for stir-fry salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into diagonal 1-inch lengths
- ½ cup Soy Vay® Hoisin Garlic sauce or other Soy Vay® Sauce
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- In a wok or large nonstick pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the flank steak, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the beef, until browned on all sides. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the meat with a slotted spoon, set aside, and pour off the fat from the pan. Add the asparagus to the pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Return the meat to the pan, add the sauce and toss to coat. Stir in the nuts, and cook for 1 minute more. Season again if needed. Serve hot over rice or noodles.