Make them traditional or with a modern twist, these dumplings, packed with a ginger teriyaki pork mixture will be the hit of any New Year Party.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1lb. ground pork or chicken
- 1/2 cup Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki® Marinade & Sauce
- 2 cups finely shredded Savoy cabbage, stems removed
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 12-ounce package wonton wraps
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat
- Add the ginger and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the pork and cook over medium heat, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon for 7 to 10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki® Marinade & Sauce, fold in cabbage and half of the scallions and cook covered for 4 to 6 minutes or until the cabbage has wilted. Allow to cool.
- Brush the tops of each wonton with egg (SEE HOW TO MAKE DUMPLINGS).
- Steam the dumplings covered for 7 to 10 minutes or until the wonton has softened and is heated through.
- Serve the dumplings with more Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki® Marinade & Sauce and the remaining scallions as a garnish.
Makes about 36 dumplings
HOW TO MAKE DUMPLINGS:
- Place 1 tsp. of the pork mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- With wet hands, fold the corners together in the center of each wonton and pinch & slightly twist to seal.
- If using square wonton wraps; use a round cookie cutter to make a circular piece of wonton wrap.
- Place 1 tsp. of pork mixture in the center of each round wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water or egg wash; fold in half and pleat the front 4 times. Press to seal dumpling as you pleat.