Created by: Kroger Dietitian Allison Kuhn, RD LD
Surprise and delight your guests with a fresh baked gluten-free vanilla shortcake.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 vanilla beans
- 3 cups gluten-free flour blend*
- 2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup milk (cow’s, almond, or coconut)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with gluten-free flour blend.
- Combine sugar and melted butter in bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamed. Add 1 egg at a time, beating after each addition. Split vanilla beans lengthwise and scrape out seeds; add to mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour blend mixture, alternating with milk, to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well mixed.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Store leftovers in airtight container.
- * To make blend, combine 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour, 1 tsp. xanthan gum; store excess in airtight container.