Created by: Greggy Soriano, Greggy’s Digest
Take advantage of fresh summer sweet corn and make this easy Grilled Corn Salsa.
The peak of summer is all about firing up the grill and enjoying all the summer produce. Hot summer days are actually some of my favorite days of the year to cook. Because it means burgers or grilling chicken, shrimp or just about anything that is done on the grill. Fresh produce is in abundance, so it is easy to find a side dish that the whole family will love. Dinner on the grill means I don’t have to heat up the house, and usually cleanup is so easy!
One my family’s favorite things about summer is fresh sweet corn. It is great with just butter and salt on the cob, but you can really turn it up a notch and makeit into salsa. Grilling corn brings out the sweetness and makes it taste even better. Mixing it with lots of lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno and making it into salsa is a great idea. Grilled corn salsa is delicious on its own with chips. But make your plain chicken or tacos even better and top them with this corn salsa. The flavors of summer in each bite, your family will be asking you to make it over and over again.
- 3 ears corn on the cob, husked
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Rub vegetable oil over the ears of corn.
- Grill corn for 5-10 minutes, until slightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Once the corn is grilled, cut the kernels from the cob.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the corn kernels with the rest of the ingredients.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.