Created by: Julia Mueller, The Roasted Root
When I’m getting sucked into a good football game, I reach for anything that I can dip a chip into. Homemade hummus is a crowd pleaser, and a healthful snack or appetizer option for friends and family.
While classic hummus is always appetizing, I like to change the flavors up, adding various spices, herbs, oils, etc. Preparing this recipe is super simple, and less time-consuming than making regular hummus. All you need is a food processor, and you’re good to go!
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup harissa (mild recommended)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. sea salt, to taste
- Add all the ingredients for the hummus to a food processor and process until completely smooth. Taste the hummus for flavor and add more salt, lemon juice, or harissa to taste.
- Serve with a variety of raw veggies, gluten-free crackers and chips.