Created by: Krissy Allori, Self Proclaimed Foodie
These little heart-shaped appetizers are perfect for parties – you can easily make a ton to feed a crowd. If there are any extras, stick them in your kids’ lunches and they’ll have all their friends wishing you were their mom!
- 1 lb. pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 8 oz. shredded Italian cheese
- 4 oz. pepperoni
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Portion dough into four equal pieces. From each piece portion, separate about a third of the dough for the top of the handpie.
- Take the larger portion of dough, stretch it thin and shape it into a heart. Top with sauce, cheese and toppings. Stretch the smaller piece of dough large enough to cover your pizza, then seal the edges with a fork. You can use a sharp knife to cut away any excess dough. Repeat with remaining portions of dough.
- Place handpies on a pizza stone or lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge.
If you don’t want to make handpies, you can cook a whole pizza and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out bite-sized appetizers.