Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
I have to say that I don't think salads get their share of the spotlight during the holiday season. Salads are usually more of a spring and summer thing and they're disregarded during the winter months.
But why should they be, when you have so many fresh, readily available cool weather ingredients you can turn into a perfect salad for your holiday dinner? I took the classic Cobb salad and gave it a fresh and delicious holiday twist with the addition of sweet pears, buttery pecans, pomegranate seeds and some amazing cranberry and cinnamon goat cheese crumbles.
Not only is this revamped Cobb salad a beautiful feast for the eyes, but it's so fresh and bright, too. If you can't find fresh pomegranates or pomegranate seeds, feel free to substitute dried, sweetened cranberries. I strongly recommend serving this Cobb salad with Private Selection™ White Balsamic & Honey Dressing because it perfectly complements the flavors.
- 5 oz. Simple Truth Organic® Baby Spinach
- 3-4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2-3 oz. Private Selection™ Cranberry and Cinnamon Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 fresh pear, sliced
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup pecan halves
- Private Selection™ White Balsamic & Honey Dressing and Marinade
- Pile the baby spinach on a large serving platter.
- Place the pear slices on top of the spinach, forming a row down the middle.
- Place the hard-boiled eggs, bacon, red onion, pecans and pomegranate seeds in strips on either side of the pears, on top of the spinach. Alternate the goat cheese in 4 rows between the other strips of toppings.
- Dress with the white balsamic and honey dressing, or serve the dressing on the side. Enjoy!