The simple goodness of these slivers of dough tossed in cinnamon and sugar gets even simpler when you use a Bisquick mix to make the dough.
Cook time: 5 min | Prep time: X min | Serves: X | Yields: X servings
- Vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup hot water
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil (2 to 3 inches) over medium-high heat until thermometer inserted in oil reads 375°F.
- In small bowl, mix 3 Tbsp. of the sugar and the cinnamon; set aside. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, hot water and remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar with spatula until dough forms.
- Spoon dough into pastry bag fitted with 1/4-inch star tip. Pipe 5-inch strips of dough into hot oil. If necessary, cut dough with knife or scissors between each churro. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown. Carefully remove from oil; drain on paper towels.
- Immediately sprinkle churros generously with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Serve warm.