Thick crust or thin crust? Whatever your preference, we have the method to help you serve fresh homemade pizza tonight.
- 2 ½ -3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 package (2 ½ tsp.) regular or quick dry active yeast
- 3 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup very warm water (120-130 degrees)
- Mix 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl. Add 3 Tbsp. oil and the warm water.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl frequently. Stir in enough remaining flour until dough is soft and leaves sides of bowl.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead 5 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes.
For Thin Crusts: Heat oven to 425ºF. Grease 2 cookie sheets or 12-inch pizza pans with oil. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into 12-inch circle on cookie sheets. Partially bake 7 to 8 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Add toppings and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
For Thick Crusts: Grease 2 square pans, 8x8x2 inches, or 2 round pans, 9x1 1/2 inches, with oil. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Divide dough in half. Pat each half in bottom of pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place 30 to 45 minutes or until almost double. Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 375ºF. Partially bake 20 to 22 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Add toppings and bake about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.