Take grilled cheese to the next level by adding cheese to the outside too for a sandwich that is crispy on the outside and melty on the inside.
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices (0.75-oz.) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 slice (0.75-oz.) provolone
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Spread Parmesan cheese on a plate; set aside.
- Place sliced cheese between slices of bread. Spread half the butter the top outside piece of bread; flip on to plate of Parmesan and press gently. Spread remaining butter on the other side of the sandwich and flip over to coat with Parmesan.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat; add sandwich. Cook 5-6 minutes until golden brown; flip and continue cooking 3-4 minutes until golden brown and the cheese inside is melted.