This is a milder take on this typically ultra-spicy Caribbean favorite.
Hands-on: 10 minutes
Total: 12 hours 50 minutes
- 2 lbs. chicken legs
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Place in a large glass baking dish.
- In a food processor or blender, combine onion, green onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Pulse to chop, then add black pepper, salt, thyme, cayenne pepper, coconut aminos, lime juice, and oil. Process until smooth.
- Pour mixture over chicken and stir well to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place chicken in one layer in a greased roasting pan. Bake for approximately 40 minutes.