Created by: Krissy Allori, Self Proclaimed Foodie
Just imagine how cured meats, marinated veggies, fresh greens and melted cheese on this Loaded Grilled Italian Sandwich taste. Yum!
- 1 (16 oz.) loaf Italian bread
- 1 (12 oz.) jar kalamata olives
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup marinated artichokes
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 6 oz. sliced cured Italian meat (salami, prosciutto, etc.)
- 6 oz. sliced provolone
- 2 cups arugula
- Slice loaf of bread in half and scoop out as much of the inside as possible while leaving the crust in tact. Use the bread that you removed for bread crumbs or other alternative.
- Drain the olives and puree in the food processor with the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the oil marinade from the artichoke hearts. Spread entire mixture over both sides of bread. Then top both sides with sliced cheese.
- Layer remaining ingredients and close sandwich. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20-30 minutes, with the last 10 minutes or so uncovered, until the cheese has completely melted.
- Slice and serve warm.