Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables. The maple syrup and honey add an extra hint of sweet flavor.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. thin carrots, peeled
- 8 oz. shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 425°F. Halve lengthwise any carrots 1" thick or thicker. Place carrots and shallots in single layer on 15"x10" baking pan with sides; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Roast 10 minutes, shaking pan and turning once. Add asparagus; drizzle with remaining oil. Roast 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine syrup, honey, vinegar, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils; boil 2 minutes. Pour over roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Refrigerate leftovers.